Leather Bound & Lovely home about reviews contact policy

7.04.2012

Waiting on Wednesday #15


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Delusion by Laura L. Sullivan
Release Date: January 8th, 2013

When two beautiful teenage stage magicians in World War II England meet a pair of handsome men who can do real magic, sparks fly. But is it illusion, or delusion? Opening-night jitters are nothing new for Phil and Fee Albion, who come from a long line of stage illusionists. The girls love to dazzle London audiences, but in the aftermath of the Blitz they're bundled off to the countryside, where they're safe from bombs and Nazis--and bored to pieces. Phil, always the passionate one, discovers a hidden college of real magicians led by the devastatingly handsome Arden. If only Phil can persuade these unworldly magicians to help England win the war! Daredevil that she is, she'll risk anything to give her country a fighting chance, even if it means losing her heart . . . or her life.

I am loving the idea of this historical, paranormal YA coming out next winter. We have quite a few months ahead before this comes out, but I find the storyline to be really interesting and I think that cover is brilliant (love redheads wearing green!), so I will have to wait and find out more as the release date approaches. 
What are you waiting on?

11 comments:

  1. I'm loving that idea too!Great pick.
    I'm also loving your blog layout :D
    And I'm a new follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really intresting and I kinda love the cover. Great pick.

    My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives - new follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really a huge fan of historical novels, but I've never read anything set during WW2. I think this sounds like a great read, so I think I'll have to check it out!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great! Magic and WWII? What more could we ask for?!
    My WOW:
    http://emily-toomanybooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-out-of-easy.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great I will have to add it to my TBR list. I love the blog and followed on GFC.

    My WOW and international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I've heard of this a couple weeks ago!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. THE FIRST SENTENCE!!! The first sentence was enough for me to go, "EEEEHH!!!" (I'm a hopeless romantic). but wow!!! awesome pick, Darlene! ;)

    Vivian @ Vivaciously, Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  8. THIS SOUNDS AMAZING! I've never heard of it before, but a college of real magicians? In country England? My mind screams Harry Potter, and I don't care how far off base I am, I WANT! FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I am a new follower from Waiting on Wednesday. I would love a follow back!
    http://endlessdaysofbooks.blogspot.com/

    Candace

    ReplyDelete