Leather Bound & Lovely home about reviews contact policy

7.18.2012

Waiting on Wednesday #17


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Incarnation by Emma Cornwall
Release Date: September 18th, 2012

Lucy Weston tracks down the novelist Bram Stoker in her search to reveal the dark force who made her a vampire--and regain her humanity in the process.In the steampunk world of Victorian London, Lucy Weston, a character in "Dracula," seeks out Bram Stoker to discover why he deliberately lied about her in his popular novel. With Stoker's reluctant help, she tracks the creature who transformed her from the sensual underworld where humans vie to become vampires to a hidden cell beneath a temple to madness and finally into the glittering Crystal Palace where death reigns supreme. Haunted by fragmentary memories of her lost life and love, Lucy battles her thirst for blood as she struggles to stop a catastrophic war that will doom vampires and humans alike. Ultimately, she makes a choice that illuminates for her--and for us--the true nature of what it means to be human.
EEEEEEKK!! Excuse me for a second I am majorly fangirling right now. I read the first sentence of this synopsis, "Lucy Weston tracks down the novelist Bram Stoker in her search to reveal the dark force who made her a vampire--and regain her humanity in the process.” and I was all like OMG! OMG! I KNOW HER! I KNOW HER! Dracula is definitely my favorite classic tale and this steampunk story about Lucy Weston has totally got me jonesing for fall! Why must September be 2 months away! 


What are you waiting on?

6 comments:

  1. This cover is eye-catching! And that first line definitley got my atention.
    Awesome pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the dress on that cover SO MUCH. It is epic.

    ReplyDelete