Leather Bound & Lovely home about reviews contact policy

5.03.2012

Hourglass by Myra McEntire


Title: Hourglass
Author: Myra McEntire
Pages: 394
Release: June 14th, 2011

Synopsis:
(from Goodreads)One hour to rewrite the past . . .
For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn’t there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents’ death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She’s tried everything, but the visions keep coming back.So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson’s willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may change her past.Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he’s around? And why is he so insistent that he needs her help to prevent a death that never should have happened?

My Thoughts:
I wasn’t sure what to expect going into Hourglass. It was a really cool cover and the synopsis sounded great, but I hadn’t heard a lot about it. I am pleased to say that this book blew me out of the water and I am so glad I read this!

One thing I can tell you I didn’t expect, was for this to be an action packed, edge-of-your-seat kind of book. Oh, but it was, it truly was! There were so many moments where the book took a turn I didn’t expect that I stayed up until two in the morning without even realizing it. I became completely engrossed in the story, the characters, and the time travel!

I can’t remember the last time I liked a character as much as I like Emerson. She has been through so much in her past, but she was strong and easy to relate to. I also can’t forget to mention the sexy Michael who was a total heartthrob. It was a truly beautifully written book with great descriptions and it gave good in-depth details about all the characters. I love when an author makes a point to give us all those little facts. I adored this book and am looking forward to the upcoming sequel, Timepiece.

In Short:
Rating: 5/5
Purchase or Check Out?: Purchase
Would I read it again?: Yes!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Darlene, I have seen this book quite a lot in the past year, but to tell you the truth, I dislike the book cover quite a bit, which turned me off from reading the book blurb. But your review has really caught my attention and because of it I am now going to add it to my reading wishlist. Thanks for a great book review. New GFC & RSS & Facebook Follower :)

    Natasha @ Paranormal Goddess Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover, but I only liked the book. I got Timepiece from NG last week, so I'm hoping it helps resolve the issues I had with Hourglass. Can't wait to compare notes on Timepiece with you!

    ReplyDelete